Hi, I’m Marcus van Geyzel.
I’m the co-Founder of boutique corporate law firm Peter Ling & van Geyzel (PLVG), based in Kuala Lumpur.
PLVG is recommended in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2016 and 2017 for (1) banking and finance; (2) capital markets; (3) corporate and M&A; and (4) labour and employment. The firm won the ‘Rising Law Firm of the Year’ award at the Asian Legal Business Malaysia Law Awards 2016.
I’m an experienced lawyer and business advisor, including advice on Corporate/M&A, capital markets, employment law, and everything related to business and commerce. I have a reputation for delivering high-quality, commercially-relevant advice. Always.
I’m also the co-author of legal website TheMalaysianLawyer.com.
I’ve written many articles for various online and print media, including The Edge, The Star, and The Malaysian Insider, and am a widely sought-after speaker and trainer.
My book “Law for Startups: What You Need to Know When Starting a Business” was published in December 2016 by MPH Group Publishing, and can be purchased here.
These are some of my recent accolades and awards:
- Recommended individually in three practice areas (Capital markets, Corporate and M&A, and Labour and employment) in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2017, and described as ‘professional’.
- Recommended individually in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2016 as ‘easy to work with, sensible and commercial’.
- Named as one of Asia’s 40 Under 40 lawyers in 2016 by Asian Legal Business.
- Nominated as ‘Young Lawyer of the Year’ for the Asian Legal Business Malaysia Law Awards 2016.
- Named in Prestige Malaysia’s ‘Top 40 Under 40’ in 2015.
- Listed as one of Asia Law Portal’s 30 people to watch in the business of law in Asia in 2016.
Connect with me on LinkedIn or Twitter, or email me to find out what I can do for you: firstname.lastname@example.org.